Sunday, July 3, 2011

True Life: I'm Ready for Summer

I just found this post under my drafts and, although it is belated, I feel it necessary to go ahead and post. Enjoy!

My world:
Going into my freshman year at Baylor a few short months ago, I never thought "I can't wait to go home" would ever escape my lips. Boy, was I wrong. Maybe Spring semester has burnt me out, but I'm actually looking forward, and more than willing, to go home for the summer. After turning in a 21 page paper, decorating a Michael Kors poster, finishing a fourteen article notebook, and completing the finishing touches on two other papers all before Wednesday, life can really seem slightly draining.

Luckily, I will be soon headed to Springfield, Missouri to spend the Easter Holiday with my boyfriend and his family. I think staying in some sort of household will hold me over until I actually go back to Virginia. What is in Springfield, you ask? That is a wonderful question. I never thought there was evidence of human life there, but apparently alot of people live in this barren state. In fact, Brad Pit grew up in Springfield and attended my boyfriend's alma mater, Kickapoo High School. No joke. That's the real name. Their signature cheer was "fear the poo". Catchy.

Just an observation: Recently, I feel like I am the only decently dressed woman on campus. Not to sound arrogant or grandiose but as I walk around campus I cannot help but wonder why college women actually enjoy wearing Nike running shorts and huge t-shirts with the name of their sorority or their boyfriend's fraternity emblazoned on the front. Shouldn't college-aged women be flaunting their figures? This is our time of physical peak, so shouldn't they want to wear things they can get away with now rather than making a fashion faux pas later? I just cannot figure out why someone would voluntarily dress like a cross between a little boy and an aerobics instructor. Maybe the fact that I am a fashion major makes me biased. Maybe I'm the one who's missing something. Either way, I WILL NOT result to dressing that way on a daily basis unless I am consumed by finals week.

Fashion World:
NEED OF OPINION
I was reading an article yesterday in Glamour (I have no idea how I even found the time to just sit down and read) about how, as skirt hems are getting loner and pants are making a comeback, shirt hems are slowly getting higher. Apparently, the current trend is to wear high waist skirts, pants, or shorts with crop tops, exposing a sliver of midriff.

1 comment:

  1. There is an actual correlation between hemlines and the economy .. also fashion recycles itself and another correlation or old wive's tale - you pick -is if you wore it the first time it was in style you're too old to wear it now.

    As for the shorts/oversized tees .. many women and men dont dress up when they are stressed, its one less thing to worry about... in any case you keep on being you .. xo

    ReplyDelete