Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Home, and Planning Twelve Steps Ahead

My World:
I’m home. The late night study sessions, time management skills (or lack thereof), awkward mixers, cramped dorm space, gross dining hall food, late night dates on campus, more coffee than one should consume in a lifetime, and the best memories I have created so far have all come to an end along with my freshman year at Baylor. I guess I really make college seem more like jail time; however, freshman year was probably the best year of my life. I had never been put completely out of my comfort zone before and it never felt so good. I felt alive; I felt as if I were actually making something of my life.
My World of Fashion:    
                I am currently trying to find an internship for next summer. I may be a little eager planning a year in advance, but I just cannot help myself. I contacted my mom’s friend, Holly, who works for Bloomingdale’s online in one of my favorite places on this planet: New York City. I have already sent my resume and hopefully I will be hearing back from her soon. If anyone has any other suggestions for me, please feel free to comment. I am planning on having an internship with Conde Nast but I will not be able to until junior year. Even though I only need one internship for my major, I want as much experience as possible. In this industry, it’s not where you went to school, it’s how much hands-on experience you’ve had. I am willing to accept an internship anywhere, especially in New York, Dallas, or anywhere in Europe. I would love to have an excuse to go overseas again!
                

1 comment:

  1. I think you are one smart cookie to plan ahead and to try to get as many internships as you can ... and I have no doubt you will succeed! xo

    ReplyDelete